Add snippet blocks to your WordPress content using the new Gutenberg editor
How to use it
- Add a Snippet block within your content
- Include your code
- Select the language
- Save the post and check your front-end
- Objective C
- Based in Making WordPress Do More Block Starter Kit
- Original webpack configuration (before modifications) from Zac Gordon\’s Gutenberg Course.
- Original deploy script (before modifications) from Garry Jones.
- Webpack HMR thanks to Christian Glingener
There are no known issues at this time.
- Allow several themes
- Backup your WordPress install
- Upload the plugin folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the \’Plugins\’ menu in WordPress
- What library does this plugin use?
It uses highlight.js
- What highlight.js theme uses?
Contributors & Developers
“Snippets Block” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Snippets Block” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Added Spanish translation.
- Fixed line numbers with long lines.
- Added line numbers. Thanks Waqas Bin Hasan for the tip.
- Added copy button: it allows to copy to clipboard the content of the snippet
- Save formatted code: instead of parsing the content using
highlight.jsin the front-end, the HTML is saved directly in the backend
- Cleaning some first SVN version mess
- First version.