- Allow display a customized text before the checkbox.
- Allow HTML link types attribute in the policy page link, for SEO reasons (nofollow, external…).
- The consent is stored in the database, in
wp_commentmetatable with the metakey
wpcpc_private_policy_accepted, and the commentator’s email as value.
- The consent is exported by WordPress’s Export Personal Data function.
- The consent is erased by WordPress’s Erase Personal Data function.
- Compatible with UnderStrap and themes that set is own fields on comment form.
- Compatible with Webmention (thank to @danielp6).
You can configure the plugin in the Discussion Settings on your WordPress administration.
The plugin only works if the theme uses the native WordPress function for comment forms.
Also, the plugin creates a concrete HTML structure to print the checkbox. Not in all theme will be displayed correctly. In that case, you could use the ‘Additional CSS’ box in the Customize of your theme.
- Active development of this plugin is handled on GitLab
- Translation of the plugin into different languages is on the translation page.
If you enjoy using this plugin and find it useful, please consider making a donation in PayPal.
Use the installer via back-end of your install or:
1. Unpack the download-package.
2. Upload the files to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
3. Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress.
The plugin only works if the theme uses the native WordPress function for comment forms. Your theme is probably not compatible with this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“WP Comment Policy Checkbox” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“WP Comment Policy Checkbox” has been translated into 12 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “WP Comment Policy Checkbox” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fix error when a logged in user try to create a comment. Issue #44
- Added compatibility with UnderStrap and themes that set is own fields on comment form.
- Added support for Webmention comments (thank to @danielp6).
- Added settings link in the Plugins list table.
- [New Feature] Link types attribute for policy page link.
- Fix ‘warning’ literal namespace
- Fixed HTML markup error.
- Changed ‘error’ to ‘warning’ in the unchecked checkbox warning message.
- [New Feature] Store, export and erase the commentator’s consent.
- Fix grammar mistake
- Margin right on input
- Fix attribute _blank error
- Fix translatable text
- Update pot translate file
- Improve gettext strings
- Improve gettext strings
- Small font for policy basic info
- Improve code
- Add id for accessibility to checkbox input
- Force checkbox appearance
- NEW! Optionally, you can display a customized text before the checkbox.
- Add ‘GDPR’ tag to plugin.
- Fix readme errors.
- Fix error occurred when user is logged in.
- Change languages file names.
- Fix file names.
- Fix Internationalization.
- Fix generic define names.
- Modified main file Description on head comment.
- First version, still in beta.