Allows users to replace the default 404 page with a custom page from the Pages section in the Admin Panel. Or you can specify a complete URL to redirect on 404.
Please open issues on Github. I will not be using the WordPress.org support area.
- Full 404 Page Control
- Record 404 Page Data
- Custom Page Redirect
- Custom URL Redirect
How does it work?
- WordPress Page: Choose a custom page from the Admin Panel
- URL: Enter a custom URL for 404
- Stats: List of all 404s
- Extract the downloaded ZIP file.
- Copy the custom-404-pro folder to the wp-content/plugins directory.
- Activate from the Plugins Section.
Why is the 404 custom redirect not working?
Some users have reported an issue with the Divi theme where the 404 redirect does not work. In such cases, please disable the Divi theme and try again. It’s usually a good practice to start disabling themes/plugins one by one and work your way backward to see what might be causing the issue.
Why are my plugin preferences not being saved?
Uninstall the plugin from the Plugins page (important!) and reinstall it. Never remove plugin folders directly from your WordPress installation as this DOES NOT cleanup plugin database tables.
Contributors & Developers
“Custom 404 Pro” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Custom 404 Pro” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fix logs vuln
- Fix Search vuln
- Support WordPress 6.2
- Fix SQL injection
- Fix vulnerabilities
- Fix CSRF vulnerability in Logs table
- Fix path vulnerability
- Support WordPress 6.1
- Support WordPress 6.0
- Support WordPress 5.9
- Support WordPress 5.8
- Add Multisite Support
- Support WordPress 5.7
- Support WordPress 5.6
- Support WordPress 5.5
- Integrate GitHub actions
- Bump version to support 5.4
- Bump version to support 5.3.2
- Bump version to support 5.3.1
- Update Readme to include FAQ
- Remove upgrader script
- Updates + Remove Migrate & Reset Tabs
- Fix Redirect Bug
- More updates and fixes
- Fix Reflected XSS in other places according to the WordPress Plugin Notice
- Fix Reflected XSS
- Version Bump to support WordPress 5.2
- Follow WordPress Coding Standards
- Update from v2 to v3 for all users
- Error Logging
- [BUGFIX] Migrate logs changed to 500
- [NEW] Migrate Tab: Migrate Logs from Plugin version < 3.0.0 to the new logging system
- [BUGFIX] Typo in Reset Tab when deleting old logs
- [NEW] Bulk Action: Delete All Logs now available
- Exports Logs as CSV
- Better model for showing Admin Notices
- Validating URL (required and structure) when URL mode chosen for redirection
- General cleanup
- Fix Log IP default setting
- Logging IP is now optional
- Fix Upgrader function bug
- Fix Settings not saving Bug
- Fix Uninstall Bug
- Streamlining the upgrade process
- Complete re-write from the ground-up with a new logging mechanism and better base for future development
- Add Referer so users know where the 404 came from
- Cleanup on uninstall
- Email blog title
- Fix unnecessary CSS and JS loading
- Disable logging by default
- Fixed Donate Links
- Small bugfix while clearing logs
- Better feedback while Clearing Logs
- Added 404 Option to Log Type
- Option to Clear Logs
- Option to Stop Logging
- Fixed github issue #3
- Fixed some bugs
- Redefined Log Filters with User Agent API
- Added User Agent Filter
- Changed entire plugin to a Custom Post Type Layout
- More structure to the plugin, better code
- Initial Release